- Lead the sourcing team and develop the processes and team members
- Ensure exceptional lead-time, cost and quality delivery by selecting and managing suppliers accordingly
- Employ the right contract to serve its purpose and to reduce contract liability
- Drive cost savings initiatives with the sourcing team to generate substantial value for the company and provide a consolidated report
- Streamline the value chain of product sourcing from raw material supply until finished good
- Lead the sourcing team on bill of materials review, supplier selection proposal from AVL based on capability and capacity, request for quotation, cost analysis, source review board, first article evaluation until passed, supplier material readiness and handover to purchasing as planned
- Sourcing on new commodity code accordingly: RAW, FAB, ASSY, Indirect, etc.
- Perform regular market watch and internal needs analysis & find new supplier if required
- Negotiate with selected supplier for part best offer with part premium quality and lead time
- Manage service support on demand of fast track, modification job, etc.
- Work in collaboration with supplier(s) for defined improvement projects & product family analysis for long-term supply partnership
- Collaborate with purchasing and quality in data collection to determine suppliers' performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery and services
- Perform quarterly business reviews with the supplier to highlight gaps and drive continuously for improvement
- Work in collaboration with Design and Process Engineering for engineering changes and coordinate with various suppliers for required modifications
- Update and maintain purchasing info record, assignment set, and source list based on element of quality, cost & delivery criteria
- Ensure that the database is up to date and data is clean and correct
- Support Purchasers for critical negotiations & competencies on cost, lead-time & quality
- Determine ways to improve lead-time through sourcing, e.g: FAB rough, etc.
- Determine ways to minimise safety inventory level while providing high product availability, e.g: contract management with supplier, etc.
- Any other adhoc assignment according to business needs
- Authorized to source, place First Article purchase order, issue pull flow contract for production units and place purchase order to selected Supplier(s) aligned with the company’s supplier development strategy
- Authorized to send the company’s technical information/ drawing to approved Supplier(s) with NDA signed during RFQ stage if necessary
- Authorized to “flag” for any suppliers that are incompetent to meet the company’s requirements
- Alert Supply Chain Manager on any emergency situations, including any scrupulous act which potentially interrupt business continuity
Education: Diploma / Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
Experience: Min of 2 – 5 years' experience in sourcing activity focus on engineering & technical drawing competencies.
Skills/Technical Requirements: Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP systems) is required. Strong negotiation and analytical skills required. Experience in leading and developing a team. Must be capable to summarize data to support key decisions. Ability to work collaboratively as a cross-functional team member with Sales and Engineering and other departments.