SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
SunPower is seeking an Environment, Health, and Safety Manager for GBFS. The role will be responsible for promoting environmental protection programs and occupational safety and health in a BPO/Shared Services workplace setting through establishment of occupational safety programs to prevent occupational injuries, company property loses, environmental and legal non-compliance.
This also corresponds to Safety Officer 4, as required by RA 11058 and its IRR- DO 198, series of 2018 \n
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes a positive health and safety culture in the workplace ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Evaluates and approves office area lay out and ensures that it is compliant with Building Code of the Philippines, Fire Code, DOLE, PEZA and other applicable regulations.
- Partners with Operations and employees to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents or injuries.
- Carries-out regular site inspections to check if policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Obtains updates on new legislation and maintains a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Manages company Waste Management Program including safe disposal of hazardous substances.
- Provides recommendations on a range of specialist areas, e.g., fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery, and occupational diseases.
- Manages and strengthens Business Resiliency
- Complies at all times with the Environment, Health and Safety, and Manufacturing Quality standards, rules, and regulations.
- Implement continuous improvement on practices and procedures.
- Establishment and implementation of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Implement actions and programs to prevent/reduce the occurrence of emergencies/accidents/incidents.
- Establishment and regular testing of emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Institute EHS Training system and personnel awareness activities.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Work Experience: At least 8 years relevant work experience in environment, health and safety. Experience in a BPO/Shared Services or corporate office environment is preferred. Minimum 6 years of supervisory or managerial experience
- Skills/Competencies: Per DO198 Series of 2018
- Expected to lead or introduce policy or procedure that would create competitive advantage for the company.
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office
- Excellent skills as trainer/lecturer regarding EH&S
- Leadership skills
- Effective writing and communication skills. English proficiency both written and verbal.
- Have a general knowledge of protecting the environment, pollution control regulations, waste minimization and conservation of natural resources.
- Can interpret Mechanical, Electrical and Civil diagrams and drawings.
- Have a working knowledge and skills on occupational safety, fire protection, prevention and control, work hazard evaluation and industrial hygiene.
- Knowledgeable in emergency procedures, related accidents, and mitigation
- Knowledgeable in Chemical Safety, Pollution Prevention, Environmental Safety and Health laws and regulations, TPM, ISO 14001 & 9000
- This is an FTE position.
- Candidate must be willing to work in Binan Laguna
- Candidate must be legally entitled to work and reside in the Philippines.
- Candidate must be willing to render overtime as business requires (weekends, US/PH holidays)
- Candidate must be flexible to work on a night shift schedule supporting North America region.
- Candidate will be on flexible work arrangement (combination of onsite and remote work) (if applicable depending on the nature of the job)
- Tool of Trade: Laptop/Desktop, Extended Monitor, Headset (as needed)
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company's obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.