Reporting into the Regional Finance Director, the Country Finance Lead demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will work closely with the Country Manager in driving sound business strategies and delivering towards the growth and financial commitments. You will be responsible for executing the financial strategies, planning, reporting, and other finance related initiatives. Your focus is forward looking, not only providing forecasting to the business but also in identifying opportunities to make a real difference and offering value-add advice.
1. Serve as a business partner to the Country Manager to drive business initiatives, growth, profitability, cost optimization, productivity and cash generation.
2. Develop & drive forecasting cycle for Income Statement such as quarterly pacing, annual S2, and annual budgeting/operating plans.
3. Articulate commercial & financial risks and opportunities within portfolio, and partner with Functional Heads to review profitability estimates, explore and realize opportunities while mitigating risks.
4. Partner with Operation teams to optimize billing, maximize collections, and manage past due.
5. Support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in data requests for factoring opportunities.
6. Conduct transactional order review, costing analysis and related billing. Ensure revenue recognition, cash, billing and Accounts Receivable (AR) deliverables are compliant with financial regulations.
7. Actively participate in contract handover reviews from Inquiry to Order (ITO) to Order to Remittance (OTR) i.e. T&C clarifications, Management Entity setup, payment security, hedging evaluation, etc.
8. Lead process improvements and drive simplification projects. Leverage tax, commercial finance and train contract managers as applicable.
9. Drive controllership compliance and ensure appropriate reporting principles, policies & metrics are being followed.
10. Support internal and external audits (Statutory as well as Tax Reporting) related to revenue recognition and project related balances.
- Have a Bachelor's Degree and equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
- Must be an ACCA/CPA qualified Accountant with considerable demonstrated experience in a management accounting focused position, including the development and review of budgets, forecasts and performance metrics
- Have at least nine (9) years of experience and someone who has built a career in similar management accounting roles in suitably complex and growing organisation
- Have management accounting / commercial analysis experience from a large organisation with a high degree of complexity
- Will display a strong technical ability across budget, forecasting, planning and consolidations
- Will also have a track record in adding commercial value to the rest of the business through your work, from your commentary to your strategic involvement and building of businesses cases
- Will be comfortable advising and influencing non-finance key stakeholders and have a strong technical accountant skill set (budgets / forecasts, cost analysis etc.) as well as driving process and policy improvement across finance and communicating this to the rest of the organisation
- Have good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion and a strong and confident communication style
- Will have managed a decent-sized team previously, including qualified Accountants, and be a strong mentor for staffs
- Must have knowledge and/or experience in using SAP Accounting software