Job Description and Qualification:
Do you want to join a growing team in a high-performance culture that provides leadership and technical development opportunities? We are currently searching for a talented and driven individual to join our Actuarial department.
Successful candidates will have responsibilities related to one or more of the following:
· Perform vetting/validation on various business critical models, including calculation of policy reserves using actuarial first principles.
· Develop and test actuarial models in GGY Axis or other software.
· Maintain and run valuation models for monthly/quarterly reserve calculation and financial reporting.
· Complete mortality, lapse and other experience studies for various Manulife businesses.
· Analyze reserve, capital and risk calculations and provide commentary on results to management.
· Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
· 1-2 years of experience in the life insurance industry
· Strong technical and analytical skills, with experience in applying actuarial concepts to independently model and analyze actuarial reserves; Experience with GGY Axis would be an asset
· Ability to communicate complex actuarial concepts to different audiences
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines